Newton’s Laws and Spirituality


The third law of Newton says that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. And this is immediate and instant. This means that for every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size but opposite in direction. And all this is again objective and material

Let us look into this law spiritually. When you do good, you may feel good. And when you do bad, you may feel bad. And this too can be immediate and instant. But this is individual and subjective. And this is spiritual. I can not force my good and my bad on the other. You may feel bad when you abuse your son or daughter for no reason at all. You may later on feel guilty for this behavior. You may repent for this action. You may rethink on all this. And this experience can have a transforming effect. This is subjective and individual. And all this depends on an individual’s empathy neurons. 

One of the best presidents of America, Abraham Lincoln, says, “When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion”. This may be a religion to him. But the same may not be true for others. This is individual and subjective. We can not force this on the humanity. This has to be spiritual

We can only force on the humanity the laws of the land. And a law is not love. When there is no love, the law is needed. And when there is love, there is no need of any law. And love is a higher law. Love is a supreme law. The love of the divine is supreme. Buddha called this Dhamma. And this is spiritual

The above law is like the law of Karma. Karma means doing. Doing means an action. Even non-action means doing and is an action. And every action has a consequence. And every individual is responsible for the consequences of his action. The consequences can be either immediate or some time later. Nobody knows when. And nobody can predict. It is uncertain. And the consequences can be either good or bad. And good and bad are relative things. What is good to me need not be good to you. And what is bad to me need not be bad to you. This is again individual and subjective

Let us again look into the second law of Newton spiritually. Let us presume that every individual who is a unit of mass becomes spiritual like that of Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Mahavira, Osho, etc. Now just imagine the spiritual force and spiritual power on the earth!! Can you just imagine what will happen if this spiritual power becomes a social power

Can we reckon this spiritual power as a social power? The whole planet earth would be a heaven then. Otherwise, the third world war is not very far. The survival of the toughest and fittest is an old adage. The survival of the wisest has to be a new adage. We have to move from the Dark Age to an Enlightened Age. And all this can be only by our choice. And all this can only be by design and not by default.

I am a Finance and Commercial professional having more than 25 years of Corporate Experience. I have last worked with Reliance Retail Limited, 100% subsidiary of its flagship, a Fortune 500 company, as Assistant Vice President and Head of Business Commercial. I have worked with Subhiksha (Retail Chain) as Vice President and Head of Finance and Commercial of a SBU. And also worked with LG (Korean MNC) as AGM and Head of Logistics and Commercial for their Pune Plant. I have expertise in Finance, Taxation, Commercial and Supply Chain Operations. I am having vast experience in managing complex business situations and its people. I have proven skills in taking businesses and its people to their next level and putting them on an auto-growth path. I possess expertise and professional skills in helping organizations and its people to transform their existing businesses for an organic business growth, unique leadership and new values. I am actively interested in sharing a new and unique leadership with a difference. I am a guest and visiting faculty to various B-Schools. I am passionately interested in education, training, and research. I am helping various organizations on issues relating to corporate performance, productivity and motivation. I help in infusing enthusiasm and zeal in individuals to unlock their latent potential. I help individuals in creating a new attitude, a new gestalt, a new thinking and enabling them to take a quantum leap to their peak performance.

I am personally interested in Zen, Meditation, Yoga, Dance, Management, Motivation and Leadership.

Writes and Blogs @


Previous
Next Post »
0 Comments